Guardianships / Conservatorships

<< Practice Area List
In almost all Oregon counties a proposed guardian or conservator must be represented by an attorney. Our attorneys are highly experienced in representing guardians and conservators, and in assisting individuals in objecting or contesting to a guardianship that is sought as to them. Feel free to contact us for a free initial consultation regarding any questions or concerns you may have about a guardianship or conservatorship matter.

Did you know that the amount of a conservator's bond can be significantly reduced by having the court "restrict" certain assets that are not immediately needed for care or support of the protected person?

There are certain actions a conservator can take only with prior approval of the court, such as sale of the protected person's residence.

It is important that all conservators and guardians be represented and counseled by an attorney.

Among the areas in which our attorneys and staff are able to assist you in guardianship and conservatorship proceedings are the following:

! Emergency petition for appointment of a temporary guardian or conservator

! Petitioning the court for appointment of a guardian or conservator
More About Guardianships / Conservatorships >>

© 2006 Bradley J. Woodworth & Associates, PC